From: Wolfgang Mueller <vehk@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Old Firefox ebuild?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 09:34:10
1 On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 17:04:29 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Can palemoon work with recent firefox extensions, though? I use only
3 > very few, but without them the cure will be worse than the disease:
4 >
5 > Adblock Plus
6 > Request Policy Continued
7 >
8 > and, just slightly less important:
9 >
10 > Proxy Switcher
11
12 Usually, recent Firefox extensions still work with Pale Moon.
13
14 Pale Moon maintains their own direct fork of Adblock Plus (called
15 Adblock Latitude[1]), so that will definitely work.
16
17 I just installed Request Policy Continued and it seems to work fine.
18 Proxy Switcher could not be installed (claims the Firefox version is too
19 old), but it may still work if you manually edit the extension manifest.
20 I do that myself with vimperator (although current versions have stopped
21 working altogether).
22
23 You might find an alternative for Proxy Switcher here[2], plus more
24 about extension incompatibility here[3].
25
26 [1] - https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/privacy-and-security/adblock-latitude/
27 [2] - https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/all-extensions/
28 [3] - https://addons.palemoon.org/resources/incompatible/
31 Wolfgang Mueller / vehk.de / GPG 0xc543cfce9465f573