From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old Firefox ebuild?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 00:04:44
1 On 2016-10-16 10:34, Martin Vaeth wrote:
2
3 > Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > Does anyone have a copy of the firefox 38.x ebuild around?
5 >
6 > As others already noted: It is not a good idea to use
7 > an ebuild which was removed for security reasons.
8 >
9 > My recommendation: Use palemoon (from the palemoon overlay)
10
11 A sensible recommendation, thanks.
12
13 Can palemoon work with recent firefox extensions, though? I use only
14 very few, but without them the cure will be worse than the disease:
15
16 Adblock Plus
17 Request Policy Continued
18
19 and, just slightly less important:
20
21 Proxy Switcher
24 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
25 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
26 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html