From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerging LIRC with LIRC_DEVICES
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 07:50:14
1 --- Aline de Freitas <aline@××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Em Saturday 05 January 2008 17:08:03 BRM escreveu:
3 > > I'm trying to set up LIRC so I can use my Creative RM-1500 Remote
4 > that
5 > > came with my SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. To set it up I have to set
6 > the
7 > > LIRC_DEVICES variable specifically for app-misc/lirc. Per recent
8 > > thread, I thought I just needed to set the variable in
9 > > /etc/portage/app-misc/lirc; however, emerge doesn't seem to be
10 > picking
11 > > it up. It does pick it up if I set it in /etc/make.conf, but I'd
12 > rather
13 > > limit it to just the building of LIRC.
14 > > I already emerged lirc by setting it on the command-line; emerge
15 > wants
16 > > to rebuild lirc - for example, I had to set LIRC_DEVICES on the
17 > command
18 > > line for emerging vlc to keep vlc from rebuilding lirc too.
19 > > Am I not understanding the /etc/portage/app-misc/lirc thing right?
20 > > What am I doing wrong?
21 > > (I don't mind rebuilding lirc once more, but I'd like to get it
22 > set-up
23 > > right.)
24 > I supose, LIRC_DEVICES is a portage variable like LINGUAS or
25 > VIDEO_CARDS. I
26 > don't think that any other package uses this variable. vlc, mplayer,
27 > and
28 > others, have a lirc USE flag and once its set globally or per package
29 > and
30 > lirc builded it shouldn't ask for rebuild lirc again.
31 >
32 > So LIRC_DEVICES needs to be under /etc/make.conf
33 >
34 > It works also as a USE flag (but I don't know why would you need
35 > this) as, for
36 > exemplo:
37 >
38 > LIRC_DEVICES=serial
39 >
40 > Is the same as:
41 >
42 > USE=lirc_devices_serial
43
44 Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that USE flag method - kinda
45 cool, and kinda makes sense. Guess I'll just leave it in make.conf.
46
47 Thanks.
48
49 Ben