From: Aline de Freitas <aline@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerging LIRC with LIRC_DEVICES
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 20:34:19
1 Em Saturday 05 January 2008 17:08:03 BRM escreveu:
2 > I'm trying to set up LIRC so I can use my Creative RM-1500 Remote that
3 > came with my SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. To set it up I have to set the
4 > LIRC_DEVICES variable specifically for app-misc/lirc. Per recent
5 > thread, I thought I just needed to set the variable in
6 > /etc/portage/app-misc/lirc; however, emerge doesn't seem to be picking
7 > it up. It does pick it up if I set it in /etc/make.conf, but I'd rather
8 > limit it to just the building of LIRC.
9 >
10 > I already emerged lirc by setting it on the command-line; emerge wants
11 > to rebuild lirc - for example, I had to set LIRC_DEVICES on the command
12 > line for emerging vlc to keep vlc from rebuilding lirc too.
13 >
14 > Am I not understanding the /etc/portage/app-misc/lirc thing right?
15 > What am I doing wrong?
16 >
17 > (I don't mind rebuilding lirc once more, but I'd like to get it set-up
18 > right.)
19 >
20 > TIA,
21 >
22 > Ben
23
24 I supose, LIRC_DEVICES is a portage variable like LINGUAS or VIDEO_CARDS. I
25 don't think that any other package uses this variable. vlc, mplayer, and
26 others, have a lirc USE flag and once its set globally or per package and
27 lirc builded it shouldn't ask for rebuild lirc again.
28
29 So LIRC_DEVICES needs to be under /etc/make.conf
30
31 It works also as a USE flag (but I don't know why would you need this) as, for
32 exemplo:
33
34 LIRC_DEVICES=serial
35
36 Is the same as:
37
38 USE=lirc_devices_serial
39
40 Aline
43 Aline de Freitas - Chave pública: ID DE632016 / keys.indymedia.org
44 gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-keys DE632016