From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Again about a gentoo vm appliance for vbox
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:10:04
1 On 2012-02-15 5:17 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > As you haven't done this recently (I do remember you having troubles a
3 > while back) I'm not sure what action you are asking me to take here.
4 > I've built a couple of Gentoo VMs on Virtualbox in the past and they
5 > both worked fine for me. I've since deleted them as I wasn't using
6 > them for anything other than seeing if I could make them work, etc.
7 >
8 > How can we help?
9
10 I think that if it is really that easy to build one for someone who
11 knows what they are doing (I'm in a similar boat as Harry, I've tried a
12 few times and couldn't get it to work), it would be great if there was a
13 place for users who feel so inclined to donate VMs that are ready to
14 go... I would love to get a basic Hardened install in a running VM that
15 I could use as a starting point...
16
17 This would also make it really easy for new users to try out gentoo
18 without having to go through all the pain of installing it...