From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't send attachments
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:48:31
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:12:10 -0600 (CST)
4 "Michael Sullivan" <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I own espersunited.com, so it is on my end.
7
8 ...and so should be exim's logs, right? I usually find it easier to read
9 actual error reports than (stripped) configurations for complex
10 software that is claimed to be responsible for the error...
11
12 Also, I have a hard time trying to understand the problem. A mailbox
13 unavailable shouldn't occur after SMTP's "DATA" command, it should
14 happen after the "RCPT TO" (answer code 450). At that point, no data has
15 been transmitted, so the error does not make sense except if it is
16 wrongly phrased by the MUA or (sorry) you. SMTP doesn't allow it at
17 that point. There's only the possibility for much more general error
18 codes. BTW, what's the MUA? You just introduced the MTA. Did you try
19 another one?
20
21 -hwh
22 --