From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't hear anything. :-(
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:59:01
1 On 02/17/2010 11:15 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 04:20:53PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>[...]
4 >> 1) IMO Alsa has never run so well when drivers are compiled into the
5 >> kernel. I do a lot of audio in Linux and have always had the best
6 >> results using modules. I would strongly suggest you give it a try...
7 >
8 > Oh deity! I was hoping not to have to do this. I've never used modules
9 > before, since they are (or were) an unnecessary complication, and might
10 > introduce security risks. Maybe I'll have to read up on this.
11
12 You probably won't need modules. Module configuration options can
13 usually be replaced by kernel options in Grub.