From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running out of space on /var partition
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:39:31
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
5 >> Alex Schuster wrote:
8 >> http://www.wonkology.org/comp/desktop/2011-07-24/desktop6.png
9 >>
10 >> You might want to remove that one. Look closely at the bank screen.
11 >>
12 > That's okay, this is not really my account number, although very close :)
13 > But even if it were, I guess it wouldn't be too much of a security risk.
17 That's good to hear. It looked like you had a pretty short password so
18 figuring that out wouldn't be to hard I would guess. Glad you changed
19 things tho. Better to be safe than sorry. :-)
20
21 >> I'm looking closely. Some things interest me.#
22 >>
23 > Which things?
26 Some of the widget thingys. What's with the big eyeballs anyway?
29 >> I'm still learning about KDE4. ;-)
30 >>
31 > Me too :) If only things were more stable. I'll wait a little and then
32 > upgrade to 4.7, and then I'll decide if I stay with it. If not, the question
33 > would be what to use instead, I would miss so many things. I got KDE-
34 > addicted.
35 >
36 > Wonko
40 I like KDE to. I just don't take much time learning all the stuff like
41 I should.
42
43 For me, desktop 1: Seamonkey browser
44
45 desktop 2: Seamonkey email
46
47 desktop 3: Konsole with at least two tabs
48
49 desktop 5: Konqueror as root
50
51 desktop 6: Kpat for my card game.
52
53 desktop 7: Konqueror as a user and usually smplayer for watching
54 videos, music and such.
55
56 desktop 8: Usually just gkrellm.
57
58 desktop 4, 9 and 10 are generally blank. I use them for whatever I am
59 into at the time. It may be OOo, gtkam, Gimp or any number of other apps.
60
61 MemTotal: 16441056 kB
62 MemFree: 6356592 kB
63 Buffers: 847064 kB
64 Cached: 7243384 kB
65
66 According to gkrellm I'm actually using 1.1Gbs at the moment. I got the
67 local radar thing loaded up and it uses a good bit. We are expecting
68 some storms here today. Since they are coming from my blind side, I
69 watch the radar so I don't get wet. lol
70
71 How do you tell KDE that you want a widget thingy on one desktop and not
72 all of them? I figured out how to get one that I saw on your screenshot
73 but it put it on them all. I only want it on one tho. I can't seem to
74 find the magic button.
75
76 Dale
77