From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 23:17:12
1 On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:59:41 +0100
2 mwq <mwq@××.pl> wrote:
3
4 > I have one laic question which may not be directly connected to
5 > Gentoo but I think you'll forgive me that. Imagine such a situation:
6 > I have two hard drives but drive A is twice faster when reading and
7 > writing then drive B. I want to make RAID 0 using A and B. Why are
8 > the stripes sizes on both drives excacly the same? (I've googled and
9 > didn't find any information about different spripes sizes) I think
10 > that using twice greater stripe on A gives more speed then using
11 > equal stripes. And my question is: where am I doing a mistake? PS
12 > Sorry for my poor English
15 Could you raid 2 partitions on A and on on B together? Is A bigger
16 than B as well? If so you can raid A1, A2, and B together to do this
17 maybe.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list