From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] An alternative to http-replicator
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:36:29
1 On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:37:08 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Used to do that - heaps of problems when using multiple machines and
4 > multiple users.
5
6 There used to be problems when trying to download the same file from two
7 computers at once, but NFS-aware file locking in portage fixed that quite
8 a long time ago.
9
10 > > I don't really see the need for such elaborate setups. I just export
11 > > /usr/portage/distfiles via NFS on the server and mount it on all other
12 > > boxes...
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 In plumbing, a straight flush is better than a full house.