From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Kernel build failing on new install
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 07:57:34
1 On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 01:09:44 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > You can avoid that by copying your .config file from the previous
4 > > version.
5 >
6 > That's what "make oldconfig" is about. Copy over the previous kernel
7 > .config and use that as a starting point. Any additional ethernet
8 > drivers in the new kernel are defaulted to enabled.
9
10 Are you sure of that? Or is it just that the submenus containing those new
11 drivers are enabled? I'm sure that's how it's always worked for me.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered
18 plant?