From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple versions of automake?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:05:36
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2010-03-10 12:05 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> equery can be unreliable. If emerge --depclean -a wants to remove one
4 >> of both of them, let it, otherwise leave well alone.
5 >
6 > Understood, thanks...
7 >
8 > Just to be sure... the -a in the 'emerge --depclean -a' above will 'ask'
9 > me if I want to continue and remove the packages it finds, correct?
10 > Meaning, it won't just blindly go ahead and start ripping stuff out...
11 >
12 > How does that differ from 'emerge -p --depclean'?
13
14 Saves you the time of running it twice if you decide to say "Yes"