From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple versions of automake?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:16:55
1 On 2010-03-10 12:05 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > equery can be unreliable. If emerge --depclean -a wants to remove one
3 > of both of them, let it, otherwise leave well alone.
4
5 Understood, thanks...
6
7 Just to be sure... the -a in the 'emerge --depclean -a' above will 'ask'
8 me if I want to continue and remove the packages it finds, correct?
9 Meaning, it won't just blindly go ahead and start ripping stuff out...
10
11 How does that differ from 'emerge -p --depclean'?
15 Charles