From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice with KDE icons (ooo-kde)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:21:18
1 > Yeay! Result! Gnome and KDE look cool. 'none' looks yukky. So, I
2 > guess mine picks up none, which is puzzling given my USE flags - I
3 > mean, what's the point setting flags then?
4
5 Well the use flags just add the ability to support (and add
6 dependancies on) the given environment by building the plugin. If you
7 check the output of "ldd /usr/lib/openoffice/program/*", you will see
8 several libraries that depend upon KDE components. Removing the kde
9 use flag would prevent those libraries from being built with
10 openoffice.
11
12 The choice is made at runtime whether to *use* those libraries. As
13 far as I can tell (I have not checked the OOo sources), OOo decides to
14 use KDE based on the KDE_FULL_SESSION environment variable. Mine is
15 set to 'true'. Do you have something else? Maybe you are not running
16 a the full KDE environment somehow?
17
18 > How can I make OOo pick a particular desktop env permanently? Where can I set it up?
19
20 The easiest would be to modify your ~/.profile and add:
21
22 export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde
23
24 -Richard