From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice with KDE icons (ooo-kde)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:43:24
1 On 16/05/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 5/14/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Is it an env problem? I am really lost with this because I do not
4 > > understand how OOo links into the DE.
5 >
6 > OOo looks at your environment to determine which desktop you are
7 > running and tries to activate an appropriate plugin to integrate with
8 > the DE.
9 >
10 > You can override this with the OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP environment variable,
11 > which can be 'kde', 'gnome', or 'none'.
12 >
13 > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Environment_Variables
14 >
15 > So try something like:
16 >
17 > OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde oowriter2
18 >
19 > And see if you get different results.
20
21 Yeay! Result! Gnome and KDE look cool. 'none' looks yukky. So, I
22 guess mine picks up none, which is puzzling given my USE flags - I
23 mean, what's the point setting flags then? How can I make OOo pick a
24 particular desktop env permanently? Where can I set it up?
25
26 Thanks for your help!
27 --
28 Regards,