From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swap usage creeping up
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 23:45:38
1 On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:17:30 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > > it's 60. That seems a little high based on what you told me, but I
4 > > have no reference value to compare it to from 2-3 weeks ago.
5 >
6 > well, in the last few days I haven't seen any swap usage at all, which
7 > is how the system used to run!
8 >
9 > Strange how the swappiness changed so dramatically in recent kernels.
10
11 I wondered the same when I checked and saw that my computers were using
12 60 too. But when I googled about it I found references to a default of 60
13 from over a year ago.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Despite the cost of living it remains popular.