From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swap usage creeping up
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:50:02
1 On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 16:32 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > > Seriously take a
4 > > look at your swapiness value. The default value cannot be right every
5 > > particular case.
6 >
7 > it's 60. That seems a little high based on what you told me, but I have
8 > no reference value to compare it to from 2-3 weeks ago.
9
10 well, in the last few days I haven't seen any swap usage at all, which
11 is how the system used to run!
12
13 Strange how the swappiness changed so dramatically in recent kernels.
14
15 thanks,
19 I can't die until the government finds a safe place to bury my liver.
20 -- Phil Harris