From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swap usage creeping up
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:04:38
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 09:30 +0300, Fatih Tümen wrote:
4
5 > Looking at above values 494MB does not seem to be enough for
6 > hibernation. Do you add extra swap or close some apps before
7 > hibernation?
8
9 Tuxonice filewriter :)
10
11 $ ls -alh /suspend_file
12 -rw------- 1 root root 1001M May 17 12:02 /suspend_file
13
14 > If your system trying to fill up your swap while you have more than
15 > 2GB of main memory available, only thing I can think of is your
16 > swapiness is set very high. You check and alter is as follows
17
18 has it changed in recent kernels? I'm looking for the reason for the
19 change in behaviour... useful though, thanks :)
20
21 > Seriously take a
22 > look at your swapiness value. The default value cannot be right every
23 > particular case.
24
25 it's 60. That seems a little high based on what you told me, but I have
26 no reference value to compare it to from 2-3 weeks ago.
27
28 I'll set it lower and watch...
29
30 thanks,
34 Calculon: I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8,
35 Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!