From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] suggestion for recombining audio with video
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 04:12:47
1 On 9/10/07, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > recently I've been doing some better recordings (proper mic into sound
6 > system) along with my video camera. This means that I have two sources
7 > - one attached to the video, and one separate audio stream.
8 >
9 > It's not practical for me to plug the sound system into the video camera
10 > (although that would be ideal) because I move around too much, and a
11 > cable would be ... not practical :) And there are some "room noises"
12 > that the video camera picks up that a directional mic doesn't.
13 >
14 > aaaaanyway... I've just started using audacity to edit the "nice" audio,
15 > and add some simple effects, and I want to recombine that with the
16 > video, so that I have the nice audio + video. So I would require a
17 > program to do the following
18 >
19 > 1. line up video and audio from separate files
20 > 2. adjust the position of the audio frame by frame, so that I can
21 > get as-perfect-as-possible lip sync!
22 > 3. video and audio not necessarily the same length
23 > 4. mpeg or dvd compatible output
24 > 5. mix two (or more?) audio sources into one audio+video file, with
25 > some simple crossfade
26 > 6. Open software would be ideal (linux of course!), followed by
27 > closed-but-minimal-cost, followed by
28 > closed-costly-but-so-excellent-I-have-to-have-it!
29 >
30 > If there is a choice, I would prefer that the video is left as unaltered
31 > as possible by this program, to avoid going through too many
32 > conversions.
33 >
34 > I don't need any fancy editing or effects, I have other programs to do
35 > that!
36 >
37 > Any suggestions? I have been looking on google, but there are so many
38 > bad shareware programs that my results get flooded with rubbish!
39 >
40 > TIA,
41 > --
42 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
43 >
44 > "Can you program?" "Well, I'm literate, if that's what you mean!"
45 >
46 > --
47 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
50 I've never used it, but Cinelerra [1] looks like what you might want. Btw,
51 a quick, cursory google search returned that. Oh, and point #5 you can do
52 with Audacity.
53
54 [1] http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
57 - Mark Shields