From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Manifest local ebuild - bump version
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 08:35:58
1 On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 23:49:28 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > How bump version and manifest local ebuild.
4
5 You don't.
6
7 > I copied barcode-0.99.ebuild to local/portage and tired to bump version
8 > mv barcode-0.99.1.ebuild
9 > ebuild /usr/local/portage/app-text/barcode/barcode-0.99.1.ebuild
10 > manifest
11 >
12 > but when I try to manifest it, it can not find barcode-0.99.1.tar.gz (it
13 > doesn't exist).
14
15 Because it thinks you want a different version. You could name it 9.99-r1
16 but even that is not necessary.
17 >
18 > I was trying to apply this patch to current version:
19 > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-barcode/2020-01/txtvoVMhO66kP.txt
20
21 Can't you just put the patch in
22 /etc/portage/patches/app-text/barcode/barcode-0.99 and let portage apply
23 it automatically when you re-emerge it?
24
25 > I can manifest (with the patch) current version: barcode-0.99.ebuild
26 > but renaming it after manifesting won't work, it complain about Manifest
27 > mismatch.
28 > I was trying to bump the version, so I can distinguish local from the
29 > official one.
30 >
31 > If I keep the version the same, how to point emerge to "local/portage".
32 > Do I unmerge the official one and keep the one in local/portage?
33
34 Set the priority for your overlay to be higher than portage in
35 repos.conf, then just re-emerge the package.
39 Neil Bothwick
40
41 COBOL: Completely Obsolete Business Oriented Language