From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Globally disabling colour
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 11:42:50
1 On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 12:29, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Greetings,
4 >
5 > having freshly erm ... converted from Ubuntu to Gentoo and thus being an
6 > absolute Gentoo newbie I'm desparately looking for a way to get rid of
7 > all the colour in the output produced by "emerge" but also by "qlist",
8 > "eix", "e-file" and so on.
9 >
10 > Is there a way to globally configure this for all these commands? I've
11 > already added 'NOCLOR="false"' to my "make.conf" file but this doesn't
12 > seem to do the trick.
13
14 I don't know if you have misspelled the above parameter. Try setting:
15
16 NOCOLOR="true"
17
18 However, terminal colors are set differently - see thread mentioned by Arve.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick