From: Andrew MacKenzie <amackenz@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocks to fix
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:25:19
1 +++ Allan Gottlieb [gentoo-user] [Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:11:48PM -0400]:
2 > It is not quite that simple. There were many posts today (28 oct) on
3 > this. I suggest reading them. You might need to unmask mit-krb5 for
4 > example. There is a danger of rendering wget and hence emerge unusable
5 > (but if you have already --fetchonly'ed the pkgs then emerge can install
6 > them).
7 >
8 > To repeat the main point: Read *carefully* today's discussion.
9 Yeah, I'll second this. At the very least make sure you "emerge -f"
10 anything you unmerge. To make it easy to re-merge if you break wget.
11
12 I had one system that specified USE="kerberos" and krb5 kept wanting to
13 pull back in com_err (I think). Also removing com_err seemed to break wget
14 (and curl) on that system so I had to manually fetch some packages.
17 // Andrew MacKenzie | http://www.edespot.com
18 // GPG public key: http://www.edespot.com/~amackenz/public.key
19 // October.
20 //
21 // This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in.
22 //
23 // The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June,
24 // December, August, and February.
25 //
26 // -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"