From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocks to fix
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:00:44
1 On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Andrew MacKenzie <amackenz@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > +++ Allan Gottlieb [gentoo-user] [Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:11:48PM -0400]:
3 >> It is not quite that simple. There were many posts today (28 oct) on
4 >> this. I suggest reading them. You might need to unmask mit-krb5 for
5 >> example. There is a danger of rendering wget and hence emerge unusable
6 >> (but if you have already --fetchonly'ed the pkgs then emerge can install
7 >> them).
8 >>
9 >> To repeat the main point: Read *carefully* today's discussion.
10 > Yeah, I'll second this. At the very least make sure you "emerge -f"
11 > anything you unmerge. To make it easy to re-merge if you break wget.
12 >
13 > I had one system that specified USE="kerberos" and krb5 kept wanting to
14 > pull back in com_err (I think). Also removing com_err seemed to break wget
15 > (and curl) on that system so I had to manually fetch some packages.
16 >
17 > --
18 > // Andrew MacKenzie | http://www.edespot.com
19
20 Thanks all. I do need to be careful about this as the machine is 400
21 miles away and the user is completely unable to be of any help if it
22 stops working meaning I have to drive or the box has to be shipped.
23 Either alternative is not good.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Mark