From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocks to fix
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:49:45
1 On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:00:41 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Thanks all. I do need to be careful about this as the machine is 400
4 > miles away and the user is completely unable to be of any help if it
5 > stops working meaning I have to drive or the box has to be shipped.
6 > Either alternative is not good.
7
8 It's a bit late now, but installing a second distro, or a bare stage 3
9 gentoo, as a dual boot so you can still access the machoine if it breaks.
10 As an alternative, send the user a GRML CD and get them to boot that if
11 things go wrong.
15 Neil Bothwick
16 Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.