From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11, $VIDEO_CARDS & binary packages
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:51:14
1 On 7/19/06, Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
2 > > I'd recommend you emerge --nodeps xorg-x11 in order to change its
3 > > USEflags to the ones you want (no compilation necessary), and then
4 > > emerge -k to pull in the binary packages depended on by its new flags,
5 > > which will save you the compiling time.
6 > >
7 > > HTH.
8 >
9 > Nope, doesn't work. Same problem. I emerged with --nodeps the xorg-x11
10 > package, with exactly the video-cards I want. Then I've tried the -k as you
11 > suggested, and still *ALL* other video-drivers are shown in the list, and
12 > VIDEO_CARDS did not show the same content as without -k.
13
14 Do you have buildpkg in FEATURES? If not, you might need to do:
15
16 emerge --nodeps xorg-x11
17 quickpkg xorg-x11
18 emerge -k xorg-x11
19
20 If you don't have buildpkg in FEATURES, and don't do the quickpkg
21 step, then the second emerge will again look at your existing binary
22 package of xorg-x11, and use the settings from that.
23
24 HTH,
25 -Richard
26 --