From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Detecting frames at aspect-ratio-changes in a video file?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:45:26
1 On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 09:38:50 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > I'm extremely sceptical of a plan to reimplement a media centre /
4 > home-theatre PC in bash scripts - just install MythTV and stop trying
5 > to reinvent the wheel.
6
7 I was about to post something similar.
8
9 > >> There's also a program that tries to detect advertising, IIRC also
10 > >> using aspect changes as indicators. Its name escapes me ATM.
11
12 MythTV has command line programs to detect adverts (mythcomflag) and
13 remove them (mythtranscode).
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
20 skydive twice.