From: Pablo Antonio <pabloa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nightly emerge sync
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:24:44
1 On 10:51 Mon 15 May , Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > Can someone please point me to a reference that will show me now to
3 > configure my vixie cron to do a nightly emerge sync?
4 >
5 > I know it can be done, however I have not yet come up with the necessary
6 > instructions
7
8 Well, you'll be amazed by how easy it is to do it :)
9
10 Just log in as root and type 'crontab -e' to edit the crontab. There you
11 should have something like:
12 * * * * * emerge --sync
13
14 Each '*' represents a field, and they have the following order:
15 1) Minutes.
16 2) Hour.
17 3) Day of month.
18 4) Month.
19 5) Day of week.
20
21 More on this can be found on the Internet or by reading the man pages:
22 cron and crontab.
25 > Thank you
26 >
27 > TIM
30 > Timothy A. Holmes
31 > IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
32 >
33 > Medina Christian Academy
34 > A Higher Standard...
35 >