From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nightly emerge sync
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:34:46
1 On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 11:47:00AM -0300, Penguin Lover Pablo Antonio squawked:
2 > On 10:51 Mon 15 May , Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
3 > > Can someone please point me to a reference that will show me now to
4 > > configure my vixie cron to do a nightly emerge sync?
5 > >
6 > > I know it can be done, however I have not yet come up with the necessary
7 > > instructions
8 >
9 > Well, you'll be amazed by how easy it is to do it :)
10 >
11 > Just log in as root and type 'crontab -e' to edit the crontab. There you
12 > should have something like:
13 > * * * * * emerge --sync
16 And don't just put something like the above in your crontab. You want
17 something like
18
19 0 1 * * * emerge --sync
20 or something (the example here give 1am every day). If you put just
21 five *s, the rsync server would be very, very annoyed at you.
22
23 W
24 --
25 "I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle and here is
26 my ... other ... handle ... OH GOD I'M A SUGARPOT!!" ~Mnemennth
27 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 184 days, 8:44
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list