From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good file system that recovers from a power failure.
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 01:54:07
1 On Friday 31 December 2010 19:15:49 Dale wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Friday 31 December 2010 16:27:02 Dale wrote:
4 > >> I'm not sure I EVER saw a update to reiserfs. I was hoping it was
5 > >> just
6 > >> that good. lol
7 > >
8 > > you are obviously not subscribed to the reiserfs ml. There are the
9 > > occasional fixes and lately even some (minor) updates.
10 > >
11 > > Being in maintenance mode is a GOOD THING for a file system.
12 >
13 > I'm not subscribed to one and didn't know it had one. I just get
14 > conflicting comments. Some say it is active, some say it is not. I'm
15 > sure Hans, or whatever his first name is, isn't doing much work on it
16 > although he has a lot of time on his hands to do it if he could. I like
17 > the file system myself and was hoping version 4 would get a foot hold.
18 > I'm not sure if it will or not. Maybe one day.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
23
24 Edward Shishikin is still working on it. As soon a new kernel is released a
25 new patch is released too - plus updates for bugs found and fixed.
26
27 Also reiserfs still get fixes. The mailing list is calm but alive.
28
29 http://marc.info/?l=reiserfs-devel&r=1&b=201012&w=2