From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filesystem access to Gentoo from XP over SSH - suggestions?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:26:32
1 I have tried shfs ( a kernel module allowing the reomote mount of
2 filesystems over ssh) in the past but over less than perfect connections
3 had file system corruption.
4
5 Lately I am using WebDav (via davfs or cadaver), both running on my own
6 server, and mounting other systems I have access to onto my laptop as I
7 move around with good success. Gentoo's implementation of davfs is
8 clunky and problematic to manage (interfacing with fstab, having to kill
9 a process after unmounting), but it works reliably.
10
11 BillK
12