From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to Install Bacula Client Using Portage? -- SOLVED!!!
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 14:16:25
1 On 7/8/2005 3:51 PM Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 >Hi Drew,
4 > emerge -s bacula shows only one emerge candidate. Looks liek you
5 >have to build them both through portage.
6 >
7 >Hope this helps,
8 >Mark
11 Thank you and Andrew MacKenzie for your replies. I found this site on
12 the web:
13
14 http://www.gentoo-portage.com/app-backup/bacula
15
16 It seems to me that the newer 1.36.3 & -r1 ebuilds include a USE flag
17 that will build just the client. I've added the appropriate "~x86" flag
18 in /etc/portage/package.keywords to get version 1.36.3-r1. Then I added
19 the following line in /etc/portage/package.use:
20
21 app-backup/bacula client-only
22
23 This seems to do it as emerge -pv confirms portage sees the flag:
24
25 app-backup/bacula-1.36.3-r1 +X +client-only -gnome +mysql +ncurses
26 -postgres +readline -sqlite -static +tcpd
27
28 Thanks again!
29
30 Drew