From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clamav and spamassassin
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:13:42
1 On 12/06/11 11:32, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > Got it. Your explanations are positively lucid.
4 >
5 > I added this to /etc/postifx/main.cf:
6 >
7 > postscreen_greet_action = enforce
8 > postscreen_pipelining_enable = yes
9 > postscreen_pipelining_action = enforce
10 > postscreen_non_smtp_command_enable = yes
11 > postscreen_non_smtp_command_action = enforce
12 > postscreen_bare_newline_enable = yes
13 > postscreen_bare_newline_action = enforce
14 >
15 > and I commented this and restarted postfix:
16 >
17 > #check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10030
18 >
19 > Should this effectively disable postgrey and enable postscreen?
22 That will disable postgrey, but isn't enough to enable postscreen. There
23 are a couple of daemons you have to enable in master.cf (steps 2 through 6):
24
25 http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html#enable
26
27 That README refers to lines that are commented-out in master.cf; of
28 course, if you've upgraded from an earlier of postfix, you won't have them.
29
30 What I did was to untar the latest postfix release under my home
31 directory, and find the master.cf that ships with it. Then, I
32 copy/pasted the lines mentioned in the README over to my real master.cf.
33
34 After a restart, you should see lines like this in your mail log:
35
36 Dec 6 03:13:46 mx1 postfix/postscreen[2810]: CONNECT from ...
37
38 that let you know its' working.