From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clamav and spamassassin
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:33:52
1 >> What about trouble with the DNSBL lists?  I know when I changed my IP
2 >> address I had to work to get the new one removed from a few blacklists
3 >> it had previously been placed on.  I wasn't sending spam, but my
4 >> messages would have been blocked under that config if I hadn't done
5 >> the work to get the IP off the lists.
6 >>
7 >> - Grant
10 > We do get false positives from the blacklists on rare occasion, but they're
11 > the same ones we got before postscreen.
12 >
13 > Before postscreen, we had,
14 >
15 >  smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
16 >        permit_mynetworks,
17 >        ...
18 >        reject_rbl_client psbl.surriel.com,
19 >        reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
20 >        reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
21 >        reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org,
22 >        permit
23 >
24 > After postscreen, we have,
25 >
26 >  smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
27 >        permit_mynetworks,
28 >        ...
29 >        permit
32 >  postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
33 >        psbl.surriel.com,
34 >        bl.spamcop.net,
35 >        zen.spamhaus.org,
36 >        b.barracudacentral.org
37 >
38 > The two should be more or less equivalent considering that
39 > postscreen_dnsbl_threshold = 1. (I should mention that you have to register
40 > with barracuda before using their list.)
41
42 Got it. Your explanations are positively lucid.
43
44 I added this to /etc/postifx/main.cf:
45
46 postscreen_greet_action = enforce
47 postscreen_pipelining_enable = yes
48 postscreen_pipelining_action = enforce
49 postscreen_non_smtp_command_enable = yes
50 postscreen_non_smtp_command_action = enforce
51 postscreen_bare_newline_enable = yes
52 postscreen_bare_newline_action = enforce
53
54 and I commented this and restarted postfix:
55
56 #check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10030
57
58 Should this effectively disable postgrey and enable postscreen?
59
60 - Grant