From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clamav and spamassassin
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 04:45:45
1 On 12/05/2011 10:24 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > What about trouble with the DNSBL lists? I know when I changed my IP
4 > address I had to work to get the new one removed from a few blacklists
5 > it had previously been placed on. I wasn't sending spam, but my
6 > messages would have been blocked under that config if I hadn't done
7 > the work to get the IP off the lists.
8 >
9 > - Grant
12 We do get false positives from the blacklists on rare occasion, but
13 they're the same ones we got before postscreen.
14
15 Before postscreen, we had,
16
17 smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
18 permit_mynetworks,
19 ...
20 reject_rbl_client psbl.surriel.com,
21 reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
22 reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
23 reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org,
24 permit
25
26 After postscreen, we have,
27
28 smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
29 permit_mynetworks,
30 ...
31 permit
32
33 postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
34 psbl.surriel.com,
35 bl.spamcop.net,
36 zen.spamhaus.org,
37 b.barracudacentral.org
38
39 The two should be more or less equivalent considering that
40 postscreen_dnsbl_threshold = 1. (I should mention that you have to
41 register with barracuda before using their list.)