From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clamav and spamassassin
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 03:26:22
1 >>  > I've looked up each of those parameters and they sound fine to me.
2 >>  > How long have you been running them?  Have you been notified of any
3 >>  > mistakenly rejected mail?  It's very important my server doesn't miss
4 >>  > any mail, even if it means dealing with more spam.
5 >>  >
6 >>
7 >> Similar situation with me. Because my company is in the financial
8 >> sector, false negatives are much more preferred than false positives.
11 > I have never had a false positive report that I traced back to one of the
12 > postscreen deep protocol tests.
13 >
14 > That being said, they've only been in place for ~4 months.
15
16 What about trouble with the DNSBL lists? I know when I changed my IP
17 address I had to work to get the new one removed from a few blacklists
18 it had previously been placed on. I wasn't sending spam, but my
19 messages would have been blocked under that config if I hadn't done
20 the work to get the IP off the lists.
21
22 - Grant