From: Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage complaining when trying to install PHPMyAdmin
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:57:10
1 thanks Richard. I added unicode to USE, re-emerged PHP and Apache, then was
2 able to emerge PHPMyAdmin and MediaWiki.
3
4 On 9/8/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >
6 > On 9/8/06, Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > I was trying to install PHP and a couple other packages when I got the
8 > > following error:
9 > >
10 > > * Checking for required PHP feature(s) ...
11 > > * Discovered missing USE flag: unicode
12 > > *
13 > > * dev-lang/php-5.1.4-r6 needs to be re-installed with all of the
14 > following
15 > > * USE flags enabled:
16 > > *
17 > > * pcre session unicode
18 > > *
19 > > * as well as any of the following USE flags enabled:
20 > > *
21 > > * mysql or mysqli if using dev-lang/php-5
22 > > * mysql if using dev-lang/php-4
23 > > *
24 > [snip]
25 > > I checked /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc and see that unicode is
26 > listed,
27 > > and the other flags
28 > > ( pcre session mysql and mysqli ), what's causing this?
29 >
30 > Well use.desc is just a description of USE flags, not the flags that
31 > you actually have turned on. You should read:
32 >
33 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2
34 >
35 > But basically what you need to do is either:
36 >
37 > - update /etc/make.conf to add unicode to USE
38 >
39 > - add "dev-lang/php unicode" to /etc/portage/package.use
40 >
41 > I actuall recommend the first, as unicode seems to be one of those
42 > things that should be enabled globally.
43 >
44 > If you have further trouble with this, post the outputs of "emerge
45 > --info" and "emerge -pv dev-lang/php".
46 >
47 > -Richard
48 > --
49 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
56 "...to raise a signal means to turn the light on; ... Responding to a
57 signal means turning the light off (and, under System V, hoping the
58 bulb won't blow when it's next turned on)..."
59
60 --- Dan Bernstein