From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage complaining when trying to install PHPMyAdmin
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:47:37
1 On 9/8/06, Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I was trying to install PHP and a couple other packages when I got the
3 > following error:
4 >
5 > * Checking for required PHP feature(s) ...
6 > * Discovered missing USE flag: unicode
7 > *
8 > * dev-lang/php-5.1.4-r6 needs to be re-installed with all of the following
9 > * USE flags enabled:
10 > *
11 > * pcre session unicode
12 > *
13 > * as well as any of the following USE flags enabled:
14 > *
15 > * mysql or mysqli if using dev-lang/php-5
16 > * mysql if using dev-lang/php-4
17 > *
18 [snip]
19 > I checked /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc and see that unicode is listed,
20 > and the other flags
21 > ( pcre session mysql and mysqli ), what's causing this?
22
23 Well use.desc is just a description of USE flags, not the flags that
24 you actually have turned on. You should read:
25
26 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2
27
28 But basically what you need to do is either:
29
30 - update /etc/make.conf to add unicode to USE
31
32 - add "dev-lang/php unicode" to /etc/portage/package.use
33
34 I actuall recommend the first, as unicode seems to be one of those
35 things that should be enabled globally.
36
37 If you have further trouble with this, post the outputs of "emerge
38 --info" and "emerge -pv dev-lang/php".
39
40 -Richard
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list