From: Jens Reinemuth <jens@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Tablets
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:21:58
1 Am Montag, 21. Oktober 2013, 10:43:46 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:49:44 +0200, Silvio Siefke wrote:
3 >
4 > > use someone a tablet with Gentoo or alternatives? I want me buy a
5 > > tablets, but im not sure i can familiar use Android. Has someone a
6 > > tablet with gentoo or other Distri running?
7 >
8 > The Nexus 7 can certainly be used with other distros. I tried one that
9 > triple-booted to Android, Bodhi (with E17) or KDE couple of weeks ago.
10 > How it was done is documented in the current edition of Linux Format
11 > magazine.
12
13 The last time i tried KDE (Plasma Active) on my nexus 7 ot really was pita!
14
15 Most of the controls where not really designed for touch screens... The concept of the freely placeable plasmoids and the windows also was not realy touch friendly...
16
17 Of course you can install allmost any Linux with a multiboot-capable kernel (which most of the custom-kernels are...) but you if you really want a gentoo, think about an usb keyboard and at least one bigger iron besides to do crosscompiling!
20 > People have also installed Ubuntu on the Nexus 7.
23 Ubuntu? I installed the nightlies about 3 times once a month in the past quarter year... Always: first update - wont boot again... Give them some time...
28 We wish you a Hare Krishna
29 We wish you a Hare Krishna
30 We wish you a Hare Krishna
31 And a Sun Myung Moon!