From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X doesn't work with Intel 915GM
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:01:59
1 Zhou Rui schrieb:
2 > 2008/8/7 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>:
3 >> Zhou Rui schrieb:
4 >>> 2008/8/7 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>:
5 >>>> Zhou Rui schrieb:
6 >>>>> Hi,
7 >>>>> I'm using a Intel 915 on board VGA card. After I install the Xorg, and
8 >>>>> run:
9 >>>>> # Xorg -configure
10 >>>>> # X -config xorg.conf.new
11 >>>>>
12 >>>>> The X startup failed but there is now error reported... I cannot find
13 >>>>> what's wrong
14 >>>>> with my config, so what should I do in this situation.
15 >>>>>
16 >>>> For a start, I attach my Xorg.conf which works with the same chip.
17 >>>>
18 >>> Thank you very much Philipp, I tried your xorg.conf and modified mine,
19 >>> however,
20 >>> it still does not work, the log is as before... Now I'm going to
21 >>> remerge the mesa and
22 >>> xorg-server, hopes it can take effective.
23 >>>
24 >> To rule out a driver problem, please change the "driver" setting to "vesa".
25 >> That will make it use a generic driver.
29 > I used vesa but the log said AIGLX error about the dri...but the vesa driver
30 > in ubuntu live CD is OK...
33 Erm, yes, my fault: Comment out the lines
34 " Load "glx"
35 Load "dri" "
36 in "Module" and
37 "Section "DRI"
38 Group 0
40 EndSection"
41
42 By the way: If their config works, just copy it over and try it!