From: Zhou Rui <ghoulr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X doesn't work with Intel 915GM
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 02:08:24
1 2008/8/7 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>:
2 > Zhou Rui schrieb:
3 >>
4 >> 2008/8/7 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>:
5 >>>
6 >>> Zhou Rui schrieb:
7 >>>>
8 >>>> 2008/8/7 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>:
9 >>>>>
10 >>>>> Zhou Rui schrieb:
11 >>>>>>
12 >>>>>> Hi,
13 >>>>>> I'm using a Intel 915 on board VGA card. After I install the Xorg, and
14 >>>>>> run:
15 >>>>>> # Xorg -configure
16 >>>>>> # X -config xorg.conf.new
17 >>>>>>
18 >>>>>> The X startup failed but there is now error reported... I cannot find
19 >>>>>> what's wrong
20 >>>>>> with my config, so what should I do in this situation.
21 >>>>>>
22 >>>>> For a start, I attach my Xorg.conf which works with the same chip.
23 >>>>>
24 >>>> Thank you very much Philipp, I tried your xorg.conf and modified mine,
25 >>>> however,
26 >>>> it still does not work, the log is as before... Now I'm going to
27 >>>> remerge the mesa and
28 >>>> xorg-server, hopes it can take effective.
29 >>>>
30 >>> To rule out a driver problem, please change the "driver" setting to
31 >>> "vesa".
32 >>> That will make it use a generic driver.
33 >>>
34 >>>
35 >>
36 >> I used vesa but the log said AIGLX error about the dri...but the vesa
37 >> driver
38 >> in ubuntu live CD is OK...
41 > Erm, yes, my fault: Comment out the lines
42 > " Load "glx"
43 > Load "dri" "
44 > in "Module" and
45 > "Section "DRI"
46 > Group 0
47 > Mode 0666
48 > EndSection"
49 >
50 > By the way: If their config works, just copy it over and try it!
55 Yes, I copied the ubuntu config file... but unfortunately, it still cannot
56 work... For the time reason, I choosed to install the Ubuntu instead, I
57 have to evaluate the HW this week. So, this question is closed.
58 Thank you again, Philipp.
61 BR,
62 Zhou Rui