From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why the insistence on encryption and multiple devices?
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 09:38:40
1 On Wednesday, 3 April 2019 08:57:32 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 3 April 2019 02:37:46 BST Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > Just set USE="-cryptsetup -dmraid ..." and turn off whatever other
4 > > flags you object to.
5 >
6 > I did that, and also masked sys-fs/cryptsetup to enforce it. Emerge did
7 > indeed complain loudly, and its dependency chain report clearly implied
8 > that libblockdev was the cause, which is why I suspected that IUSE
9 > statement (thanks for the explanation of its meaning).
10
11 --->8
12
13 I was mistaken - it wasn't libblockdev; it was sys-fs/udisks, whose DEPEND
14 includes this:
15 >=sys-libs/libblockdev-2.19[cryptsetup,lvm?,vdo?]
16
17 Bug 642388 describes a hard dependency on libblockdev[cryptsetup], so we just
18 have to accept that we get encryption software whether we like it or not.
19
20 Ho-hum...
23 Regards,
24 Peter.