From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] See bootup/poweroff screen?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 08:09:01
1 On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:17:34 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > German wrote:
5 > > I have a SSD in my laptop and the system boots really fast so I can't see the details of the warnings it displays. Are there any way to scroll the screen or see some system boot's logs? Thanks
9 > You may want to read this post and try this method too. I did this ages
10 > ago and on occasion, it helps.
11 >
12 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7682938.html#7682938
13 >
14 > It should scroll to it but it's the second post that is made by PeGa!
15 > that may help. The messages go to this file: /var/log/rc.log
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
20 > *
21
22 Thanks Dale, done it. Unfortunately it doesn't log everything. For instance "Warning: /lib64/rc/cache is not writable" wasn't written to /var/log/rc.log
26 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>