From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB Wireless Network Adapter?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:54:12
1 > I'm using ASUS WL-167g USB WLAN (rt73usb) and work well with or without
2 > WPA_SUPPLICANT.
3 >
4 > driver is already integrated in sys-kernel/vanilla-sources (2.6.24-rc5)
5
6 I can't get any of the rt* ebuilds to compile except for CVS rt73-9999
7 from bugs.gentoo.org and that one doesn't work with wpa_supplicant. I
8 think the others won't compile because of my 64 bits (again). rt2x00
9 includes an rt73 driver but it requires 2.6.24. hardened-sources
10 isn't there yet and configuring a new kernel is such a pain. I know
11 I'd end up with a bunch of new problems. ndiswrapper is also a no-go
12 unless I can find 64-bit XP drivers that work.
13
14 - Grant
15
16 > >> I was actually just researching that exact one. Have you tested it
17 > >> with WPA? Which driver are you using? gentoo-portage.com lists a few
18 > >> ralink drivers but no rt73.
19 > >>
20 > >>
21 > >> - Grant
22 > >> --
23 > >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 > >>
25 > >>
26 > >
27 > > I haven't tested the WPA yet, I know it works well with a WEP
28 > > encryption. I can test WPA tomorrow while everyone is at work and get
29 > > back to you with those results. I used the CVS driver provided at this
30 > > link [1] and followed the directions posted here [2]. Like I said I
31 > > havent tested under gentoo, but I see no reason why the drivers
32 > > wouldn't work.
33 > >
34 > > AJ
35 > >