From: TimeBreach <timebreach@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB Wireless Network Adapter?
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:02:44
1 Actually i'm using vanilla-sources just for rt73usb driver.
2 I've Gentoo 64Bit too.
3 Before i used Gentoo-Sources.
4 I just copy my .config from Gentoo Sources to Vanilla Sources and i have
5 no issue (since 2 month).
6
7 Grant a écrit :
8 >> I'm using ASUS WL-167g USB WLAN (rt73usb) and work well with or without
9 >> WPA_SUPPLICANT.
10 >>
11 >> driver is already integrated in sys-kernel/vanilla-sources (2.6.24-rc5)
12 >
13 > I can't get any of the rt* ebuilds to compile except for CVS rt73-9999
14 > from bugs.gentoo.org and that one doesn't work with wpa_supplicant. I
15 > think the others won't compile because of my 64 bits (again). rt2x00
16 > includes an rt73 driver but it requires 2.6.24. hardened-sources
17 > isn't there yet and configuring a new kernel is such a pain. I know
18 > I'd end up with a bunch of new problems. ndiswrapper is also a no-go
19 > unless I can find 64-bit XP drivers that work.
20 >
21 > - Grant
22 >
23 >>>> I was actually just researching that exact one. Have you tested it
24 >>>> with WPA? Which driver are you using? gentoo-portage.com lists a few
25 >>>> ralink drivers but no rt73.
26 >>>>
27 >>>>
28 >>>> - Grant
29 >>>> --
30 >>>> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 >>>>
32 >>>>
33 >>> I haven't tested the WPA yet, I know it works well with a WEP
34 >>> encryption. I can test WPA tomorrow while everyone is at work and get
35 >>> back to you with those results. I used the CVS driver provided at this
36 >>> link [1] and followed the directions posted here [2]. Like I said I
37 >>> havent tested under gentoo, but I see no reason why the drivers
38 >>> wouldn't work.
39 >>>
40 >>> AJ
41 >>>