From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: listing portage/overlay packages by dev ?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 16:37:32
1 ng0 <ng0 <at> n0.is> writes:
2
3 > > Is there a consistent semantic to at least list all of the portage tree
4 > > packages there are listed on as maintainer?
5 > > Is there a universal, slick way to list the overlay packages they are
6 > > working on (github)?
7
8 > What about checking out the portage repo and doing the native git search
9 > in there via log?
10
11 I was actually hoping for something much simpler and always as current as the
12 last sync of protage and the corresponding overlays (layman syntax). Perhaps
13 an option I missed in the 'q' applets (portage-utils) or gentoolkit ?
16 If nothing exist, I'd consider writing some C (q applets) or python
17 (gentoolkit) code to perform this searching task. It wont be comprehensive,
18 but it should work on both the protage tree and the official overlays.
21 Thoughts and ideas are welcome.
24 James