From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:05:37
1 Franz Fellner wrote:
2 > You might want to have a play with kbuildsycoca5 after editing
3 > .desktop files.
4 > Look at the options (--help I think, or --help-all), I can't help with
5 > that ATM.
6 > It should rebuild the system config cache - reparse the .desktop files.
7 >
8 > Good luck
9 > Franz
13 That lead me to a new thought.  Even tho I logged out and all, maybe it
14 does need a extra step. Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks as they
15 say.  I right clicked on the K menu thingy and selected edit.  I then
16 found Dolphin under System and added the --new-window option to that
17 command.  When I hit save, I'm pretty sure it rebuilds those entries you
18 mentioned since it takes several seconds.  After doing that I went to a
19 empty desktop and clicked on a folder.  It opened a new window and left
20 the others alone.  Pardon me for just a moment.  YEPPIE!!!!!!!  One more
21 second.  YEPPIE!!!!
22
23 I don't know if it is the patch or the option added in the K menu or it
24 rebuilding its entries but it works.  Honestly, I don't care which it is
25 as long as it works.
26
27 Thanks to all.  Now I can work as usual without losing my place when I
28 forget it clobbers my stuff.
29
30 Dale
31