From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive error from SMART
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:39:24
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:06:11 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> #!/bin/sh
5 >>> cryptsetup whatever
6 >>> mount whatever
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> I have to enter a password in the middle of that.  I don't know how that
11 >> would work.  As I've said before, my "scripts" are so simple, they may
12 >> not even be called scripts.  They're just files with commands in them.
13 >>
14 >> If nothing changes when I get around to rebooting, I'll get into this
15 >> some more.
16 > It will prompt for the password, just as if you ran the command manually.
21 Finally got around to trying this.  I went to town today and locked it
22 up before I left.  When I came back, used your little script trick and
23 it worked great.  It mounts and everything for me.  Now I'll make one to
24 umount and close as well.  No prompting so it should be easy enough.
25
26 Thanks for the tip.
27
28 Dale