From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do about firefox
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:06
1 On 9/16/05, Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > I may have misconfigured it early on. Is there something in particular
5 > > I should look for?
6 >
7 > I know there used to be issues with firefox where it had difficulty
8 > releasing memory when you have had a large number of tabs running. The
9 > only way to release it is to shut down firefox.
10 >
11 > However, I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet though.
14 That may be it. I generally run with 2 or 3 windows and a total of 8 tabs.
15 It does not appear to have been fixed. I do not visit many Flash sites,
16 and AFAIK, mplayer does not run -- I don't have sound working on this
17 machine
18 and thus do not go looking for cute sounds.
19
20 ++ kevin
25 > Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk <http://djnauk.co.uk>
26 > ~ www.djnauk.co.uk <http://www.djnauk.co.uk>
27 > --
28 > 2.6.12-gentoo-r10-djnauk-b1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
29 > up 1:39, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.42, 0.99
30 > --
31 > "If horse racing is the sport of kings, then drag racing must be
32 > the sport of queens."
33 >
34 > ~ Bert R. Sugar
35 > --