From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Considering launching into Gentoo
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 21:32:21
1 walt ha scritto:
2 > Ah, maybe that explains why I despise their package manager.
3 >
4 > When I was a Debian user I figured that the most basic of utilities
5 > should be easy to use -- and I'm only half joking.
6 >
7 > Just for fun I tried Ubuntu recently since it's been so popular the
8 > last few years. They built their system on top of a Debian base,
9 > including my nemesis, the Debian package management system :o(
10 >
11 > The Synaptics GUI front end for their package manager is a great deal
12 > easier than the original back end, true, but the basic bad design of
13 > the back end still glares through the eye candy. (Just my opinion.)
14 >
15 > I like gentoo's portage system so-o-o-o much better!
16
17 As a user of both Debian-based and Gentoo systems, I am curious to know
18 what do you find so annoying about apt-get.
19
20 Portage is more flexible probably, but apt-get, with an appropriate
21 frontend like Synaptics, is a piece of cake: in 99% of cases is click &
22 go. And surely it makes more sense to use than rpm, on the command line
23 (let alone the crazy Slackware guys :) )
24
25 m.