From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Considering launching into Gentoo
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:45:30
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > ...As a Debian user, it is normally
4 > safe to assume you can, in fact, read :-)
5
6 Ah, maybe that explains why I despise their package manager.
7
8 When I was a Debian user I figured that the most basic of utilities
9 should be easy to use -- and I'm only half joking.
10
11 Just for fun I tried Ubuntu recently since it's been so popular the
12 last few years. They built their system on top of a Debian base,
13 including my nemesis, the Debian package management system :o(
14
15 The Synaptics GUI front end for their package manager is a great deal
16 easier than the original back end, true, but the basic bad design of
17 the back end still glares through the eye candy. (Just my opinion.)
18
19 I like gentoo's portage system so-o-o-o much better!